170,00 € – 250,00 €
This foundation level includes all the topics suggested by the Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) and replaces our Home Barista course arranged previously. If you do not have experience as a professional or Home Barista and want to be able to successfully produce espresso drinks according to core standards, this is the course for you!
- Additional information
Designed to introduce core barista skills to people with no previous barista experience: home Baristas and people who want to work as professional Baristas or start a coffee business. Successful candidates should be able to calibrate their grinders and make an espresso and cappuccino to core standards. The course “Introduction to Coffee” is a recommended (but not mandatory) pre-requisite module.
- Course content: 1. Coffee bean (varieties, blends, Italian/Nordic style) 2. Espresso tasting 3. Espresso calibration and execution 4. Milk techniques 5. Preparation of espresso drinks 6. Hygiene &mHealth 7. Cleaningm & Maintenance
- Length: 6.5 hrs ( 9:30 – 16:00).
- Location: Cafetoria – Aalto (next to Aalto university metro station)
- Course language: English
- About the Trainers and our training environment, click here
- Maximum of 6 people on a course. We can also arrange courses on demand for groups.
– Registration fee includes snacks served for lunch
– A 20e coffee gift-card is granted to all participants (valid for 1 month!)
SCA certification (opcional)
For those interested in obtaining the SCA certification, this certification fee cost 60e. The certification fee is an administration fee set by SCA for awarding certificates.
There is three short practical tests and a written exam (15 questions with a pass rate of 60% required). The written examination is arranged the same day of the course at 13:35. In order to give you time to practice what you have learnt, you will be able to arrange the practical examination in another time to be agreed with us.
Please note that a learner number will be required to attend this course and can be organised through visiting https://sca.coffee/education/learner-login and clicking ‘Become a Learner’ to begin the registration process. Our customer services team will contact you to establish your learner number in readiness for organising your certification following the course.
SCA courses arranged this 2020:
21.07.20, 29.08.20, 12.07.20
|SCA certification fee||